Flym News Reader is a simple, modern, totally free (no ads) and opensource project which keeps you inform by fetching your websites/blogs and displaying them in a mobile-optimized way. It is based on the "Sparse RSS" reader.
It DOES NOT synchronize with any online feed reader, if you need synchronization this app is not for you.
- easily add new feeds thanks to the Google News or search feature (you can also subscribe to a new one from the browser via the share feature)
- light and dark themes
- offline reading including images
- import/export the feed list from OPML
- retrieve the full text of the feed when the content is truncated
- star your favorite entries
- search into your articles
- filter your feed by keywords or regular expressions
- custom widgets
More to come with the next version.
Feedly users: you can export your feeds to OPML at this address (http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml) and then import them into Flym News Reader.
GitHub project: https://github.com/FredJul/Flym
Flym News Reader is a free software application from the Newsgroup Clients subcategory, part of the Communications category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2017-03-13. The program can be installed on Android.
Flym News Reader (version 1.9.7) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 15 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of Flym News Reader since it was posted on our website on 2013-08-23.
The latest version is 1.9.7 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-03-28.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2017-03-13
- fix feed search failure issue
- improve some translations
A new v2 version is ongoing with a new UI and totally rewritten code. Stay tuned.
posted on 2016-04-25
- fix bug with huge cache memory usage,- fix non-fetching images and some feeds,- add portuguese translation thanks to Jean Lorenz Hertel,- improve chinese translation thanks to Zheng Juefei